In the Chinese online world, creating an adaptable and localised Chinese website provide your business with the potentially of being viewed by over 600,000,000 Chinese internet users and becoming the hub of your Chinese online marketing campaigns.
Create and localise your website to Chinese users
Building a brand new or localised Chinese website
Chinese Website benefits
- Become a hub for your Chinese marketing campaigns
- Website hosting in China makes your website more accessible to your target users
- Having a Chinese domain is a distinct identifier for China
- Make sure your Chinese website meets the needs of Chinese internet user experience
Chinese website design
Creating an adaptable and SEO friendly Chinese website for you
Wish to gain more Chinese visitors to your site? Wish to do e-commerce within China? To create an adaptable and SEO friendly Chinese website is a good solution. Even if you have an English website, please don’t expect your Chinese target audience to read it.
At Market Me China, our Chinese website services will provide the solutions of Chinese web design and development, website localisation, Chinese domain registration and website hosting services.
Our Chinese Website Design Service
Chinese website design and development, localisation, Chinese domain and hosting
Chinese Website Design and Development
How to design a website for your Chinese audience? Simply duplicate the English site? THIS IS NOT TRUE. Here is a good example, Estee Lauder, one of the world’s most renowned beauty brands, has a tailored made Chinese website, on which you can see an unique category “璀璨美白” (CyberWhite Brilliant Cells) that can’t be found on the English site, because Estee Lauder know their China market very well – Chinese ladies love bright skin.
At Market Me China, we offer website localisation and development service with graphic design. The websites we make are Baidu SEO friendly, easy-to-use, CMS (Content Management System) solutions and tailor-made for you to enter China market, which not only attract your target Chinese audience, but perform well on China search engines. We can also help you to set up specific landing pages if you plan to do Chinese Baidu PPC or social media marketing.
We can help you to convert your existing English website into a Chinese version, or to develop a brand new Chinese website. Both e-commerce and non e-commerce websites are available.
- Consult you to understand the vision you have for the China’s market.
- Approach Chinese web design more from an online marketing point than a graphic design.
- Make it easy: simple site structure, easy to navigate, clearly display calls-to-action and contact information.
- Easy platform CMS (Content Management System) to edit everything on your site on your own.
- Content is King: we can either help you to do the Chinese SEO friendly translation or create organic copywriting in Chinese for your website. Both are integrated with targeted Chinese keywords to meet your Chinese customer demand. Also, keeping the fresh content updated is SEO friendly in China online marketing.
Please note: There is a high risk of having content banned in Mainland China, including adult content, gambling, violation, certain political views and any other content contrary to the laws of China.
Chinese Website Localisation
It is a common misunderstanding:
Website localisation = Website translation?
Research indicates that most companies equate localisation to translation when localising their English websites for the Chinese market. This view could be explained by the lack of sensitivity by companies to other socio-cultural and technical variables or the lack by professional help from the website localisation industry.
Website localisation involves translating and localising a website into different languages ensuring all content (text, graphics and videos) is translated correctly in an accurate, cultural and technical manner.
Here at Market Me China, we provide three benchmarks for Chinese website localisation, these are:
- Chinese cultural customisation
- Chinese Internet user experience
- Translation quality
We can provide you valuable insights into localising your website for China and also provide benchmarks for your localisation efforts against your competitors.
Chinese Domain Registration
Having a Chinese domain extension (.cn / .com.cn / .中国) is a distinct identifier for China and will allow you to market your business in this incredibly and rapidly growing economy and lend credibility to your Chinese website.
Can a Western company have a Chinese domain name?
Many businesses believe that only Chinese companies can have a .cn domain name, this is incorrect as any foreign company without a local presence are permitted to register China domain names (.cn / .com.cn, even .中国 which is .China in Chinese characters) without the need for a third party Chinese trustee, according to the new China domain name registration rules on 29 May 2012 issued by China Internet Network Information Center (CNNIC). And even better, you don’t need a trademark / brand name to register China domain names.
How to register a Chinese domain name?
There are some rules relating to Chinese domain registration. Usually, you need to provide:
- A copy of government issued company registration certificate (any country), and a link to a valid government website where the information can be viewed.
- A copy of government issued ID of authorised contact person of company (Identification Card / Passport).
- Other materials required.
What is next? You will have your Chinese domain name, once approved by CNNIC.
- Violating rights of third parties, names against moral, ethnic and government standards, and any other names contrary to the laws of China are prohibited.
- Don’t trust the registrars who tell you that you can buy a China domain name straightaway without approval by CNNIC.
It is a common question: Does my Chinese website need to be hosted inside Mainland China? No, you don’t need to, however, we do suggest you to host it in Mainland China. Why? Please continue reading.
Website hosting inside Mainland China
We recommend you hosting your website in Mainland China if you have a business entity in Mainland China, as website localisation hosting should make your website more accessible to your target users, which helps with Chinese SEO.
If your website is hosted in Mainland China, you must obtain an ICP (Internet Content Provider) licence that is a permit issued by the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology to permit China-based websites to operate in China. The ICP licence numbers for Chinese websites can often be found on the bottom of the website homepage.
Website hosting outside Mainland China
If you don’t have a business entity in Mainland China, we would recommend to you to have your website hosted outside Mainland China. Hosting in Hong Kong will be a good solution as it is in close vicinity to Mainland China and makes your website more accessible to Chinese users.
China Online Marketing Services
- Our Baidu SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) enables more than half a billion Chinese internet users to find your products / services on Baidu, the leading search engine in China, via organic search.
- Mobile marketing has been become increasingly important for the Chinese market and has huge potential in the future. We can help you to attract your Chinese audience via mobile websites, apps and advertising.
- Baidu PPC (Pay Per Click) Advertising provides an instant and effective route to gaining immediately traffic to your Chinese website, helping to enhance visitor numbers, increase enquiries and win sales.
- In order to create a Chinese user friendly website, our Chinese website services will provide the solutions of Chinese website design and development, localisation, Chinese domain name registration and website hosting.
- China SMM (Social Media Marketing) has become popular for online marketing campaigns. We enable your business to communicate with your audience in a way that is sensitive to Chinese culture.
- Targeted online advertising in China – Super Advertising Media Engine, a leading efficient intelligent internet advertising platform of China, is an integrated and effective online advertising solution for international advertisers.